AUDITIONS for Much Ado About Nothing by William Shakespeare
Audition Dates & Times: May 21, 1-4pm & May 25, 6-9pm
Performance Dates: July 22-24, 29-31
The HPCP returns to Nichols Park this summer with our first free outdoor Shakespeare play since 2019!
One of Shakespeare’s most beloved comedies, Much Ado About Nothing is a witty, funny, and sometimes moving tribute to the transforming power of love. Hero and Claudio are in love, and they’re counting the days until their big wedding. Their best friends, Beatrice and Benedict, can’t stand each other–but also can’t leave each other alone. While the meddling prince Don Pedro decides to trick Beatrice and Benedict into falling in love with each other, his meddling brother Don John tries to trick Claudio into falling out of love with Hero. After one of the biggest wedding disasters in literary history, it’s a race against time to set things right before the duels begin.
Answers To Frequently Asked Questions
- We do not pay our actors. We are a nonprofit amateur organization.
- Proof of vaccination is required to audition. A photo or scan of your vaccination card is acceptable. We ask you to mask until you are actually auditioning.
- Auditions are walk-in; you do not need to stay for the entire session.
- You do not need to bring a headshot or resume. We have an information form, which we will ask you to fill out.
- No prior experience with theater is necessary. If you’ve ever thought it would be fun to be in a show, then come try out.
- You need not prepare anything. We will provide short scenes featuring 2-3 people, which you will practice and then perform with one or two other auditioners.
- We are committed to open casting. We welcome everyone to auditions, and encourage you to try out for any and all parts you might like to play.
HPCP auditions take place in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere, and they are a lot of fun. Come and be part of our triumphant return to free outdoor theater in the park!
Leave a Reply